This is a kind of update to Hape Kerkelings performance in several languages. A lovesong in some languages:
Archive for the 'China' Category
Guide to get free socks:
- Be the President of the World Bank
- Visit a Muslim country, where you might be invited to visit a mosque
- Take a pair of old socks with at least one whole in each of them
- Be so smart (or stupid) to get caught by the media
- Wait until companies send you free socks
Paul Wolfowitz followed my advice and got some new socks. Up to now he got few socks from Turkey, China and it seems so as if many other sock producers are using this opportunity to send him some examples of their range of products.
Thanks to Jake for bringing this to my attention.
Recently I had the chance to visit the U.S., more exactly Tampa, FL and New York. It was my first time ever and I was surprised by the number of people, who do not speak English. I thought it was a rather european phenomena that mainly older immigrants have problems to learn the new language of their new adopted country. This in enough for an introduction to upload some pictures I took in New York. I just needed an excuse to present them here 🙂
See Chinatown and Little Italy side by side, one day before Thanksgiving: